Within the frame of Salt Spring Contact Improvisation Summer Plunge,
we are excited to present a weeklong Intensive Training
with Martin Keogh from June 18th to June 24th, 2018.
DEEPER STILL With Martin Keogh
• Three days of investigation and dancing from 10am- 4:30pm
• One day for rest (June 21st), integration and laundry
• Three more days to deepen the material
The workshop will cover in depth:
- silkworms sliding slowly out of their yellow cocoon
- leaves detaching from the tree with a slight breeze, suspended, floating
- the tiny pieces of a strange artifact and we do not know how it works
- a stream of cascading crystal clear water
- the denial of the simultaneity of time
- water drops piercing stone
- contemplating from the window of a moving train the landscape that is there but disappears instantly
- honey spilling
We will work together five to six hours a day. Other activities will include jams, potlucks, and spontaneous surprises. We want to get to know you—your treasures, your idiosyncrasies, your distinctive pathways into contact improvisation.
Attending a weeklong training allows the group to establish working relationships, and provides the opportunity for everyone to receive feedback and create significant changes in their dancing
Because of the advanced nature of this workshop, this intensive is for those with a solid grasp of Contact fundamentals.
Martin's teaching history and website is here: http://martinkeogh.com/my-story/
Cost for the Intensive (June 13th-19th)
$420 - Economically deprived, students and underemployed.
$460 - Economically challenged: artists, farmers etc..
$495 - Professional rate: Happily sustained, supports the art.
*Discount if you take part in the whole Plunge (June 18th-July 1st) See registration page.
*Please note that we are not taking part-timers in the intensive or the festival.
Facebook link coming up
Registrations and Questions: email@example.com
(P.S. It is rumored there is 1% less gravity on SSI...)